Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Temples

{Mr. JP captured the Provo, UT Temple at sunrise}

We need a sanctuary, a place where we can speak freely with the Lord, feel safe, be comforted, breath easy and feel loved. 
For me, that's the house of the Lord.
I'm so grateful to live close to several LDS temples. 
My life has been blessed because of them, and I'm a much happier person. 
 
This past weekend, JP and I were lucky enough to attend the Brigham City, Utah Temple dedication!
We don't usually get to go, because it's difficult to find someone to watch the kiddies when everyone else is trying to attend too.
This year, we did a swap with some families.
I'm so glad too, because it was an amazing experience.

While I was searching for my white handkerchief for the dedication in my temple bag,
Princess noticed my white temple dress and shoes.
She was so excited to see what I wore in the temple!
So, I pulled it out for her and let her try on my white slippers.
She was glowing and kept saying, "It's soooooo beeeeeautiful!!!"
I finished getting ready while she danced around the room.
When I came back, I found her in my temple slip peering out the window day-dreaming.
When I asked her what she was thinking about, she said, "Mom, I feel so beeeeautiful!!! Will I get a pretty dress like this too when I go to the temple?"
I told her that of course she would!
She grinned and said, "Oh!  I'm soooo excited!!!"

I'll never forget little moments like this with my girl.
I'm so grateful that because of temple blessings, she's ours for eternity. 
Photobucket
Aug. 2012

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...